New Year, New Medicare
Sometimes change can be scary. Fear of the unknown leaves many individuals reluctant to the idea of change. With this new year, various changes have been made to further enhance benefits with Medicare, in hopes of positively impacting all enrollees.
Changes to look for in 2019:1. The rise of Telemedicine.
- 2019 Telehealth programs will provide capabilities for patients and doctors to communicate via telephone or Internet. Medicare will cover telemedicine service for those with end-stage renal diseases or post-stroke treatment. Often, when afflicted with either concerns, patients typically struggle with mobility and delay medical care. Through telemedicine, patients will now be able to communicate their needs and concerns to a healthcare professional from the comfort of their homes.
2. The “Donut Hole” is closing.
- Previously, with Medicare Part D prescription drug plans, enrollees experienced higher cost for their medications after reaching a certain spending threshold within a year. This caused a coverage gap, also known as a “donut hole”. In March 2018, Congress passed a spending bill that closed the donut hole, effective 2019, for all brand-name drugs.
3. Medicare deductibles are on the rise.
- Part A: Inpatient deductible = $1,364 for hospital admittance
An increase of $24 from the previous year.
- Part B: Annual deductible = $185,
An increase of $2 from 2018.
4. Medicare Part B premiums increased.
- Part B: Standard monthly premium = $135.50
An increase of $1.50 from 2018.
With so many changes, you do not need to worry! MWG Senior Services is ready to guide you through Medicare rules and regulations, so you can make a decision that fits you best, without the stress!
If you have questions about navigating the ever-changing Medicare maze or retirement phase, we have advisers ready to light the way! Call us at (877) 759-5760 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. It’s that simple!
To request a quote online, click https://mwgseniorservices.com/medsupp and complete the form.