New Medicare Cards
New Medicare Cards Are Coming
As you may have heard, new Medicare cards are in the works for all Medicare eligible beneficiaries. New cards are mailing out between April 2018 and April 2019 to the address Medicare has on file for you. If you have moved or have a change of address, visit your online Social Security account at My Social Security Account. MWG Senior Services is available to help guide you through your transition to the new Medicare card.
What does a new Medicare card mean for you?
- Social Security numbers will no longer be visible on your Medicare card.
- Greater protection against fraud and identity theft.
- You may receive calls from scam artists trying to obtain your Medicare number. Do not provide it to them. If you receive a call from what you believe to be a scam, call Medicare at 1-800-633-4227 immediately.
Things to remember when you receive your new Medicare card:
- There is nothing YOU need to do to receive your new Medicare card.
- It will not change your benefits or coverage with Medicare.
- It will not cost you anything to get the new card.
- If someone calls you asking you to provide any personal information, hang up immediately and call Medicare at 1-800-633-4227.
Has your Medicare card been lost, stolen, or damaged?
- Call Social Security @ 1-800-772-1213 and ask that they send you a new one.
- It will take about 30 days for it to arrive by mail.
- If you need proof of coverage before you receive the new card, call Social Security and they can mail you a letter that will arrive in 10 days.
- If you need proof of benefits immediately, visit your local Social Security office.