Medicare Health Insurance
We are MWG Senior Services and we want to tell you about Medicare Health Insurance and what they pay, and what you can expect to pay if you are ever admitted to the hospital.
Medicare Health Insurance, Parts A and B, covers 80% of your medical expenses, leaving you responsible for the remaining 20%. For example, if you are admitted as an inpatient at a hospital, 20% would be equivalent to $335 per day for days 61-90 of each benefit period. For days 1-60, there is no cost for coinsurance for each benefit period. For days 91 and beyond, the cost is $670 per each “Lifetime Reserve Day” after day 90, for each benefit period (up to 60 days over your lifetime). Beyond the lifetime reserve days, you will pay all cost. The Part A hospital inpatient deductible and coinsurance for 2018 is $1,340.
Medicare Health Insurance Part A and B and what they cover:
Part A covers:
- Hospital Care
- Skilled Nursing Facility Care
- Nursing Home Care (as long as custodial care isn’t the only care you need)
- Home Health Services
Part B Covers things like:
- Ambulance Services
- Durable Medical Equipment
- Mental Health
- Partial Hospitalization
- Limited Outpatient Prescription Drugs
Since original Medicare only covers 80%, you can get a Medicare Supplement policy which would cover the cost of the other 20% you are responsible for.
Medicare Health Insurance/ Medicare Supplements:
- Covers some of the health care cost that original Medicare doesn’t cover such as copayments, coinsurance, and deductibles.
- Some Medigap policies also offer coverage for services that original Medicare doesn’t cover, like medical care when you travel outside the U.S.
- Medigap policies generally DO NOT cover long-term care, vision or dental care, hearing aids, eyeglasses or private-duty nursing.
If you are in the market for a Medicare Supplement to help cover your 20%, we are here to help. Just click this link and to see rates in your area. Click here to view Medicare Supplement rates in your area.
Our advisors are always here to answer any questions you have, you can call MWG Senior Services at 877-759-5760 or email us at email@example.com.